If you notice that there is dimming issue on windows 10 laptop ie laptop screen went dim and in spite of trying to brighten the screen it is still offers the same lower level of brightness, then, in this article we have discussed some methods.
Ways to Solve dimming issue on Windows 10
1. Restart your computer. When your computer is booting up, try to brighten the screen up by pressing the brightness key of your keyboard.
2. Try to change the brightness on your computer by simply clicking on the “Action Center” icon on the right bottom corner of taskbar and then adjusting the brightness level.
3. Check if any crucial graphics driver update is pending.
If any of these workarounds didn’t work, try this fix on your computer-
Fix-1 Modify Registry on your computer-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run on your computer. In Run window, press “regedit” and hit Enter to open Registry Editor on your computer. Simply click on “Yes” if you are prompted for permission by User Account Control.
2. In Registry Editor window, click on “File” and then click on “Export” to create a backup of registry on your computer.
3. In Export Registry File window, choose a favorable location to store the backup on your computer. Then, name the backup as “Original Registry“.
4. Set the ‘Export Range‘ to “All” and then click on “Save” to save the registry backup on your computer. If anything goes wrong, you can simply recover your registry.
5. In Registry Editor window, navigate to this location on the left side-
In case if you don’t find this location, try to navigate to this location instead-
6. Now, double click on “FeatureTestControl” on the right hand side of the window.
7. In Edit D-WORD (32-bit) Value window, set the ‘Value Data‘ to “f048” and then click on “OK” to save the changes.
Close Registry Editor window on your computer.
Reboot your computer to save the changes on your computer.