Internet’s businesses run on ads. They generate revenue from those block of ads which annoy you a lot. But which is the Best Google Chrome Ad blocker you can use on your system to block ads?
Companies like Adsense, media.net, Chitika, etc provide banner as well as pop up ads which make the blogger’s and web publisher’s major income.
But we as a user sometimes get too irritated from the ever non-stopping pop-up ads?
Why non stop ads?
Remember last time you visited any software downloading site and you were so confused that which Download button to be clicked as there are more then 2 downloads buttons and if you click on the wrong download button, another popup ads would be displayed, giving some cents to the website owner.
What is Ad-Blocker?
You see a lot of ads on every website from Verge to AndroidCentral and you want to use the site with no ads so as to increase the user experience of internet browsing. Thus, ads blocker is a tool that removes advertisements while you browse the web.
There are many ad blockers out there for you to choose from, and they vary on things like price (from totally free to premium) and effectiveness.
Why use Ad-blockers?
- You are safe to browse sites!
When you use adblockers you won’t see any malware ads or any type of pop up ads which might download some unwanted files into your computer or maybe accidentally making you download unwanted software
- You can’t be tracked
If ads are blocked, your preferences won’t be tracked and no data would be collected from your side to show you more and more ads according to your taste
- Enjoy fast load up time!
Once you have enabled the Adblocker your page load time would decrease as now the ad won’t load up and thus the site would be fully loaded in less time, thus saving your precious time too in browsing the data which you desire.
Best Google Chrome Ad blocker List
AdBlock for Google Chrome(extension)
The ads blocker with over 200 million downloads. It Blocks YouTube, Facebook, and ads everywhere else on the web. The original AdBlock for Chrome works automatically. Choose to continue seeing unobtrusive ads, whitelist your favorite sites, or block all ads by default. Just click “Add to Chrome,” then visit your favorite website and see the ads disappear! Also available for iPhone, Safari, and Opera.
-> Unobtrusive ads aren’t being blocked in order to support websites.
-> The notice you see about having access to your history and website data is automatically generated because AdBlock runs on every tab.
Must Read: How To Take a Screenshot on Google Pixel 3
UBlock is Open source Adblocker. It can also read and create filters from hosts files. Out of the box,
these lists of filters are loaded and enforced:
– Peter Lowe’s Ad server list
– Malware domains
More lists are available for you to select if you wish:
– Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List
– Dan Pollock’s host’s file
– And many others.
This extension is available in 42 languages as of writing.
It’s not as much popular as above two adblockers but It has vast support for browsers of them all, including Chromium Browser, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Yandex browser and Palemoon. One of the striking features of this ad blocker is the blocking of interstitial ads which are commonly seen on larger websites such as Forbes.com.
- AdGuard blocks all ads including video ads, interstitial ads and floating ads, pop-ups, banners, advertisements, and text ads. Element blocking feature allows blocking of ANY unwanted element on the page.
- AdGuard can handle ads block circumvention scripts. You won’t have to turn off the ad blocker any more to be able to visit the websites that are using such scripts.
- If you are already using a full-fledged desktop program (AdGuard for Windows or macOS), then the extension will undertake the features of Assistant and become a very useful support tool.
The only real drawback of Ghostery is that you do need to spend some time to tell it how you want it to operate.
- Automatically optimizes page performance as you browse.
- Includes multiple displays and detailed tracker dashboard.
- Anonymizes your data to further protect your privacy.
How to Enable Chrome’s Pop-Up Blocking Feature
1. Click on the menu icon in the upper-right corner, and then click on Settings.
2. Type Site Settings into the Search settings.
3. Click on Site settings.
4. Then click on Pop-ups and redirects.
5. Turn off the switch next to the Allowed.
From the above list, my favorite one is Ghostery due to its customizability, but then I have been into ad blockers for quite a while now.
If you are new to this thing you might want to go with Simple AdBlocker plugin and use it for a few days.
I hope you liked the list of these best google chrome adblocker. Do let me know if you have any other plugin in your mind or any other ad blocker that you use on your Google Chrome!