In this tutorial, I would teach you how you can connect your Oculus Quest with your computer.
What is Oculus Quest?
Oculus Quest is a VR headset that doesn’t require a PC or any external hardware to run. It features six degrees of freedom which means that it can track your movements up, down, left, right, forward, and backward. It doesn’t require any external sensors. Instead, it has sensors built into the headset. It also supports two updated Touch controllers.
Pricing of Oculus Quest
Features of Oculus Quest
- Oculus Quest is our first all-in-one gaming system built for virtual reality. Now you can play almost anywhere with just a VR headset and controllers.
- Setup effortlessly whether you’re at home or someplace new. Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sit in spaces big or small.
- Oculus Insight translates your movements into VR no matter which way you’re facing and provides room-scale tracking without external sensors. Look around, duck for cover and turn the tide of the battle from anywhere in your playspace.
- Oculus Quest has positional audio built directly into the headset, so you can hear your teammates or what’s sneaking up behind you even without headphones.
- With Oculus Touch controllers, you can transport your hands and gestures right into the game. Your slashes, throws, and grabs appear in VR with intuitive, realistic precision.
Question:- How to connect Oculus Quest with my computer?
- Connect your Oculus Quest to your PC with a USB-C cable. If your PC has its own USB-C port, you can use the USB-C cable that comes with the Quest itself. You will see the Quest pop up on your explorer.
- Now place yourOculus Quest on your head.
- Within the Quest, you will be prompted whether you want your PC to be able to access your Quest files. Confirm yes.
- Now check your computer, you would have access to explore your Quest as if it were a drive.
Even though the Oculus Quest is not connected to a PC, it can still run many games that developers can port over from the Oculus Rift. I hope you liked this tutorial. If you have any issues setting this up, do comment below in the comment section.
On a PC? :- Learn how to take a screenshot in Windows 10