Dark theme is the upcoming trend now.From Samsung One UI to Facebook’s messenger everyone is going dark.And Now Google Chrome also lets you to force-enable dark theme for all sites.
Why dark theme is good?
- No strain on eyes while surfing the sites while lights are closed at night.
- Less battery drain on OLED screens of smartphones.
- A new look for timebeing.
Question : Does dark mode save battery life?
Answer : It does sure saves small amount of battery life, but no that much!
Question : Does dark mode reduce eye strain?
Answer : Yes, as dark mode is not that much intense on direct eyes , it causes less eye strain at night.
you’ll need to make sure Chrome is updated in the Play Store. The version should be at least 74, which you can check from Settings > About Chrome. If you don’t have 74 yet installed on your smarthone, this probably won’t work then right now. It’s rolling out in stages through the Play Store and you might have to wait for the update.
How to force-enable dark theme for sites in Chrome?
- Open Chrome Canary(Its the development APK of Google Chrome).
- Enter chrome://flags in the address bar of Chrome.
- In the search bar below the address bar,you have to search for Force Dark Mode for Web Contents.
- Tap on the Default drop-down menu, then select Enabled.
Alternatively, select Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements. This seems to be the better option, but play around with the options.
- Tap on Relaunch in the next prompt to see the applied changes.
How to check if you are in Dark Mode or Incognito Mode
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, check if you see:
- Your Profile
- Incognito Mode
We would be seeing more and more applications supporting dark mode from WhatsApp to the upcoming Android version.It seems like that the dark mode is the new cool in the tech town and all the companies are trying to embed the dark mode in their applications to woo the new users and to maintain the current users using their Applications.