Huawei announced its new Harmony OS would be an operating system for all types of devices such as Smart TVs, mobile phones, etc. Honor Vision TV is now launched with Harmoney OS inbuilt.
Honor Vision smart TV Specifications
- It has 55-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K display with 87% NTSC Color Gamut, 400 nit brightness 178-degree viewing angle
- HONGHU 818 Quad-Core (2 x A73 + 2 x A53) 28nm SoC with 600MHz Mali-G51MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage (Vision TV) / 32GB storage (Vision TV Pro)
- HarmonyOS 1.0 .
- Built-in 1080p pop-up camera (Vision TV Pro model only)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz) 2X2, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, 3 x HDMI 2.0 ( 1 x HDMI ARC), 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x AV, 1 x DTMB, 1 x S/PDIF, 1 x Ethernet port
- Supports H.265 4K at 60 / 30 fps, H.265 1080P at 60 fps, H.263 1080P at 30 fps
- 4x 10W (Vision TV) / 6x 10W speaker, HUAWEI Histen audio
Honor Vision smart TV Features
Honor Vision is powered HONGHU 818 quad-core SoC and runs the Huawei‘s latest HarmonyOS that offers multi-device interaction and the Magic-link control that lets to share content such as pictures from your phone and screen mirroring easy.
AI Camera in the Pro version
It also has built-in pop-up AI camera in the Honor Vision TV’s Pro model which can intelligently track your face when it is needed(just like any Face ID), seamlessly switch between large and small screen for 1080p video calls, no matter how far you go.
Apart from the AI camera Honor Vision smart TV comes with these features:
- High Dynamic Range Imaging (HDR)
- Super-Resolution (SR)
- Noise Reduction (NR)
- Motion Estimate and Motion Compensation (MEMC)
- Dynamic Contrast Improvement (DCI)
- Auto Color Management (ACM)
- Local Dimming (LD).
Operating System, Ports and Connectivity
Running on HarmonyOS 1.0, the TVs include connectivity options like three HDMI ports, one USB 3.0 port, one Ethernet port, Bluetooth v5, and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
The TVs also pack four 10W speakers (six 10W speakers on Pro model) and six microphones that offer a 5-meter range to summon the YoYo voice assistant.
The Harmony OS UI has a “magazine-style” layout which is tailored for the large-screen format.
Further, the OS comes packed with new-age features including:
- integrations with multiple local Chinese services.
- DLNA standard screencasting.
- Video doorbell integration.
- A streaming assistant that helps find the right service based on content.
Honor Vision smart TV Pricing
The HONOR Vision TV is priced at 3799 yuan ( approx US$ 537 / Rs. 38,210 approx.) and the Vision TV Pro with the awesome pop-up AI camera costs 4799 yuan (approx US$ 679/ Rs. 48,270 approx.).
It will be available for order starting today and goes on sale in China starting from August 15th. As for international availability, there is no word yet from the company.
What’s the difference between the two variants of Honor Vision smart TVs?
The difference between the two variants being the smart retractable camera on the Pro, six 10W speakers, instead of four and different internal storage – 16GB and 32GB respectively. Orders come with a 30-day return policy and even free on-site installation.
Huawei is launching its own OS with the safest bet which is Smart TV and the Harmony OS would be coming to more and more devices soon as there is support for Android Applications also.