Nowadays when the smartphones are coming with inbuilt memory and don’t offer external memory cards for expanding the storage of your smartphone. There comes a need for users to clear app cache or data which has been generated over the time of usage.
What Is App Cache?
App cache or data are the files that an application downloads it while you use the application for optimum user experience and once if by chance you go offline, the cached data would be displayed to you instead of a blank screen.
Why Clear App Cache or Data?
Clearing app cache or data offers several benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should consider clearing app cache or data on your Android device:
- Performance Optimization: Clearing app cache can free up storage space and improve overall app performance.
- Resolve App Issues: Clearing app data can help resolve issues like app crashes, freezing, or incorrect behavior.
- Privacy and Security: Clearing app data ensures that sensitive information like login credentials or personal data is removed from the device.
- Fresh Start: Clearing app data allows you to start afresh with the app, erasing any stored preferences or customized settings.
Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of clearing app cache or data on your Android device.
Step 1: Accessing App Settings
To begin, follow these steps to access the app settings on your Android device:
- Unlock your Android device and go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and locate the Apps or Applications option.
- Tap on Apps to proceed.
Step 2: Selecting the App
Once you’re in the app settings, follow these steps to select the app for which you want to clear the cache or data:
- In the Apps menu, you’ll see a list of all the installed apps on your device.
- Scroll through the list and find the app for which you want to clear the cache or data.
- Tap on the desired app to proceed.
Step 3: Clearing App Cache
To clear the app cache, follow these steps:
- After selecting the app, you’ll be taken to its App Info screen.
- Look for the Storage or Storage & Cache option and tap on it.
- On the next screen, you’ll see the Clear Cache button.
- Tap on Clear Cache to delete the app’s cache files.
Step 4: Clearing App Data
If clearing the cache doesn’t resolve the issue, you can proceed to clear the app data. Here’s how:
- On the app’s App Info screen, locate the Clear Data or Clear Storage option.
- Note that clearing app data will remove all the app’s data, including accounts, settings, and personalized information.
- Tap on Clear Data and confirm the action if prompted.
Step 5: Confirming the Action
Before clearing the app cache or data, your device might ask for confirmation. This is to ensure that you don’t accidentally delete important data. Follow these steps to confirm the action:
- When prompted to confirm clearing the app cache or data, review the message displayed on the screen.
- If you’re sure about clearing the cache or data, tap on OK, Clear, or any similar confirmation option.
- Be cautious as this action cannot be undone, and you may lose app settings or stored data.
Clearing app cache or data on your Android device is an effective way to improve performance and resolve app-related issues. By following the simple five-step process outlined in this article, you can easily clear app cache or data and optimize your device’s performance.
Also Read: Top Android Apps for Earning Real Money
Will clearing app cache delete any important data?
No, clearing app cache only removes temporary files and will not delete any important data or settings.
Will clearing app data log me out of the app?
Yes, clearing app data will log you out of the app, and you’ll need to log in again to access your account.
Do I need to clear app cache or data regularly?
It’s not necessary to clear app cache or data regularly. However, if you encounter issues with a specific app or notice a decline in performance, clearing the cache or data can be helpful.
Will clearing app data delete my app’s updates?
No, clearing app data does not remove app updates. It only removes the app’s stored data, preferences, and login information.
Can I clear cache or data for multiple apps simultaneously?
No, you’ll need to clear cache or data for each app individually. The process described in this article needs to be repeated for each app you want to optimize.
Do you want to control more of your storage? You can use Google Files application too. It would clear the junk files as well.