Downloading music from YouTube is a convenient way to enjoy your favourite tunes, podcasts, and other audio content offline. Whether you’re commuting, exercising, or simply relaxing, having access to YouTube music offline can improve your listening experience.
In this article, we will explore various methods and tools how to download music from YouTube, while keeping in mind the legality and ethical aspects of the process.
YouTube Music Premium
YouTube Music Premium is a subscription service that allows users to access ad-free music, background listening, and offline downloading. With this subscription, you can download songs, albums, and playlists on your mobile device for offline playback. The service is available for $9.99 per month, with a free trial period for new users. To download music using YouTube Music Premium:
- Open the YouTube Music app on your mobile device.
- Search for the song, album, or playlist you want to download.
- Tap the download arrow for a song or the three-dot menu for a playlist.
- Select “Download” to begin the downloading process.
By subscribing to YouTube Music Premium, you are supporting the artists and creators while enjoying an ad-free, high-quality listening experience.
Besides YouTube Music Premium, there is another subscription called YouTube Premium. This service includes access to ad-free videos, background playback, and offline downloads for both video and music content. Priced at $11.99 per month, YouTube Premium includes all the benefits of YouTube Music Premium. It is important to note that subscribing to YouTube Music Premium does not grant access to YouTube Premium, but subscribing to YouTube Premium includes YouTube Music Premium access.
Legality and YouTube’s Terms of Service
Before diving into the various methods of downloading music from YouTube, it is essential to understand the legal implications of doing so. According to YouTube’s Terms of Service, downloading any content from the platform is not allowed unless specifically permitted by the service or through written permission from YouTube or the respective rights holder. This means that downloading copyrighted music without permission is a violation of these terms and could potentially lead to legal consequences.
Creative Commons and Royalty-Free Content
While downloading copyrighted music is not permitted, YouTube does offer a vast library of royalty-free and Creative Commons-licensed content. These audio tracks can be legally downloaded and used in your creative projects without violating YouTube’s terms of service. To identify such content, look for the Creative Commons license in the video description. Additionally, YouTube provides an Audio Library with no-copyright music that can be used in your projects. However, the platform advises against using third-party software to download these tracks and recommends using their download links instead.
Using 4K Video Downloader
4K Video Downloader is a free, reliable desktop program that allows you to download music from YouTube by converting videos into MP3 format. To use 4K Video Downloader, follow these steps:
- Visit the 4K Download website and download the appropriate version for your operating system (Windows, macOS, or Ubuntu).
- Install and launch the 4K Video Downloader software on your computer.
- Find a copyright-free video on YouTube and copy its URL.
- Click the “Paste Link” button in the 4K Video Downloader window.
- The video will automatically be converted to MP3 and start downloading.
Please note that 4K Video Downloader should not be used to download copyrighted content without permission.
Also Read: 5 best ways How to Rank YouTube Videos Quickly
Using MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter
Another option for downloading music from YouTube is MediaHuman’s YouTube to MP3 Converter. This software allows you to download and convert YouTube videos into MP3, AAC, or OGG formats. To use MediaHuman’s YouTube to MP3 Converter:
- Visit the MediaHuman website and download the appropriate version for your operating system (Windows, macOS, or Linux).
- Install and launch the MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter on your computer.
- Copy the URL of a copyright-free YouTube video.
- Open the MediaHuman software and paste the URL by clicking the “+” button.
- Select an output format and begin the downloading process.
As with 4K Video Downloader, it’s important to avoid using MediaHuman’s YouTube to MP3 Converter for downloading copyrighted content without permission.
Using Online Converters
Online converters provide a quick and easy way to download music from YouTube without installing any software. Several websites allow you to convert YouTube videos to MP3 or other audio formats, such as:
To use an online converter, follow these steps:
- Find a copyright-free YouTube video and copy its URL.
- Visit the online converter website of your choice.
- Paste the video URL into the search or input box on the website.
- Select the desired audio format and quality.
- Click “Convert” or a similar button to initiate the conversion process.
- Once the conversion is complete, download the audio file to your device.
Please exercise caution when using online converters, as they may contain ads, malware, or infringing content. It is also crucial to respect copyright laws and only download content that is allowed for reuse.
How to download music from YouTube on mobile
Downloading music from YouTube on mobile devices can be a bit more challenging, as Google and Apple do not allow YouTube audio downloaders in their app stores. However, a website called YouTube to MP3 Converter works on both Android and iOS devices, as well as Windows and macOS. To use this online converter on your mobile device to convert youtube to mp3:
- Open a copyright-free video in the YouTube mobile app.
- Tap the “Share” button below the video and select “Copy link.”
- Open the YouTube to MP3 Downloader website in your mobile browser.
- Paste the video URL in the search box on the homepage and tap “Go.”
- Select the desired audio format and quality, then tap “Convert.”
- After the conversion is complete, tap “Download” to save the audio file to your device.
Remember to respect copyright laws and only download content that is allowed for reuse.
Safety and Security Concerns
When downloading music from YouTube, it is crucial to prioritize your safety and security. Many third-party websites and software may contain malicious ads, pop-up links, or malware-infected downloads. Always use reliable tools, such as 4K Video Downloader or MediaHuman’s YouTube to MP3 Converter, and avoid unknown programs that may pose risks to your device or personal information.
Alternatives to Downloading Music
If you prefer not to download music from YouTube, there are several alternatives to enjoy your favorite audio content. Streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music offer extensive libraries of songs, albums, and playlists, as well as offline listening capabilities for subscribers. Additionally, many podcasts and audiobooks are available on platforms like iTunes, Google Podcasts, and Audible.
In conclusion, while downloading music from YouTube can provide convenient offline access to your favourite audio content, it is essential to respect copyright laws and prioritise your safety and security. By using reliable tools and focusing on royalty-free or Creative Commons-licensed content, you can enjoy a seamless and legal listening experience.
How can I download music from YouTube using my mobile device?
Learn how to download music from YouTube on your mobile device with our easy step-by-step guide. Discover the official and unofficial ways to get your favourite tunes without violating YouTube’s Terms of Service.
Is it possible to download YouTube music directly to my phone’s internal memory or SD card?
Yes, you can download songs from the YouTube Music app to your phone’s internal memory or an SD card. Our blog post provides detailed instructions on how to do this and manage your downloaded music
What is the safest way to download music from YouTube?
We recommend using the reliable free desktop program 4K YouTube to MP3, which allows users to extract the audio from YouTube videos in one click.
Can I download any song from YouTube?
It’s important to follow YouTube’s Terms of Service and only download copyright-free content. Our blog post explains the rules around downloading music and how to find copyright-free videos
How can I move downloaded music from my phone’s internal memory to an SD card?
To move downloaded music to your SD card, delete the song from internal storage, change the storage location to SD, and download the song again.