One of the most anticipated games in recent times, Diablo 4, has finally been released, and gamers all over the world are diving into the depths of Sanctuary to battle the forces of darkness. However, many players are facing an issue that prevents them from enjoying the game – the dreaded ‘drivers out of date’ error. If you are experiencing this issue, fear not, for we have compiled a comprehensive guide on how to fix Diablo 4 ‘drivers out of date’ error and get back to your demon-slaying adventures.
Understanding the ‘Drivers Out of Date’ Error
The ‘drivers out of date’ error occurs when your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) drivers are not up to date, or are incompatible with the game. Your GPU is responsible for rendering the graphics and visuals of the game, and having outdated drivers can lead to instability, crashes, and poor performance. In order to fix this issue, you will need to update your GPU drivers or bypass the driver check altogether.
Updating GPU Drivers
The first step in learning how to fix Diablo 4 ‘drivers out of date’ error is to update your GPU drivers. This ensures that your GPU is running the latest software, which can improve performance and stability. Here’s how to do it:
Finding Your GPU Information
To update your GPU drivers, you first need to know the make and model of your GPU. You can find this information using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Follow these steps:
- Press the
Windows + Rkeys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
dxdiagand click ‘OK’.
- In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on the ‘Display’ tab.
- Your GPU’s name and manufacturer will be listed in the ‘Device’ section, and the current driver version will be displayed in the ‘Driver’ section.
Read More: Diablo 4 error code 300008 explained
Downloading the Latest Drivers
Once you have identified your GPU model and manufacturer, visit their respective websites to download the latest drivers:
Follow the instructions provided on the website to download and install the latest drivers for your GPU. After updating your drivers, restart your computer and try launching Diablo 4 to see if the ‘drivers out of date’ error has been resolved.
Bypassing the GPU Driver Check
If updating your GPU drivers does not resolve the issue, or if there are no new drivers available for your particular GPU model, you can try bypassing the GPU driver check to hard-launch Diablo 4. Here’s how:
- Open the Battle.net app and navigate to the Diablo 4 game page.
- Click on the ‘Options’ dropdown menu and select ‘Game Settings’.
- Scroll down to the ‘Additional command line arguments’ section and enter
-bypassgpudrivercheck(without the quotes).
- Click ‘Done’ to save the changes.
After following these steps, try launching Diablo 4 again to see if the ‘drivers out of date’ error has been resolved.
Additional Troubleshooting Tips
If you are still experiencing the ‘drivers out of date’ error after trying the above solutions, here are some additional troubleshooting tips to try:
- Verify the integrity of your Diablo 4 game files through the Battle.net app.
- Run Diablo 4 as an administrator by right-clicking the game’s shortcut and selecting ‘Run as administrator’.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software, as they may interfere with the game’s performance.
- Ensure that your operating system and other software are up to date, as outdated software can cause compatibility issues with the game.
Keeping Your System Updated
To prevent future issues with Diablo 4 and other games, it is essential to keep your system updated. This includes regularly updating your GPU drivers, as well as your operating system and other software. By keeping your system up to date, you can ensure optimal performance and compatibility with new game releases.
If you are still unable to resolve the ‘drivers out of date’ error, consider reaching out to Blizzard’s support team for assistance. They can help diagnose any underlying issues and provide further guidance on how to fix Diablo 4 ‘drivers out of date’ error.
Preventing Future Issues
To avoid encountering similar issues in the future, consider the following tips:
- Regularly update your GPU drivers and other system software.
- Invest in a high-quality GPU that meets or exceeds the recommended system requirements for Diablo 4.
- Stay informed about potential issues and fixes by following Diablo 4’s official forums and social media channels.
Enjoying Diablo 4
With the ‘drivers out of date’ error resolved, you can now fully enjoy the immersive world of Diablo 4. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to the series, there is plenty of content to explore, loot to collect, and demons to vanquish.
In conclusion, learning how to fix Diablo 4 ‘drivers out of date’ error is essential for a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience. By following the steps outlined in this comprehensive guide, you can resolve the issue and get back to your demon-slaying adventures. Remember to keep your system updated, invest in a quality GPU, and stay informed about potential issues and fixes to prevent future problems. Happy gaming!