So as you might know that i switched to Microsoft Surface couple of months back from Apple Macbook Air.
But recently while i was coding on my laptop ,I happened to realise that from many weeks i didnt got any update notification from Windows.So i tried to update the Laptop manually. BUT WAIT! it gave me an error with error code: 0x80070424 .
NEWS POINT:- Microsoft’s own Virtual reality Minecraft Game
I searched over internet on how to fix this error.
First Method [Won’t work!]
Use the troubleshooting wizard of the windows to find the problem. It didn’t worked. According to me This method is waste of your time.
Second Method [Might work]
Using Windows Registry
Windows Registry is an essential component of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Sometimes the error pops up due to the restriction imposed by Windows Registry. You can fix the error by allowing the Windows update from the registry. Here’s how:
- Press Winkey + R to open Run.
- Type in ‘regedit’.
- Paste in the following path in the address bar:
- In the right-hand pane, look for the DisableWindowsUpdateAccess DWORD.
- Double-click it and set the value to 0.
- Enabling Windows Update from Registry
- Restart your machine for it to take effect.
BONUS CONTENT:- See top 30 photos drawn on MS PAINT!!
This one is the best method and worked for me like a charm.
- Go to this Microsoft Page
- Download the Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Once downloaded. Open the Assistant.
- Keep the setting on for :Keep the files and their Data
(THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT OR ELSE YOU WOULD LOSE ALL YOUR DATA)
- Follow the on-screen instructions and it would manually download the latest version of Windows 10.
- Your laptop would boot-up several times in this process.So its normal.
- Once installation of the update is finished your 0x80070424 error would also be gone.