Resetting a device means clear any pending errors and brings the system to the initial state so that the device can work properly without any faults and errors. But the question is how to hard reset android phone? Let’s find out.
Android Ecosystem has two types of resets
As the name suggests, this method just reboots the system and clears all the errors and initialises the Android Operating system again.
Hard reset of Android device means a clean reboot of the whole device, meaning that your data would also be erased along with it. Its used only when soft reset does not solve your smartphone problem.
Caution! Hard Reset Tip #1
Before Hard resetting ALWAYS create a backup of your data on your smartphone in your PC or external hard disk!
How To Hard Reset Android Phone?
There is no single way to hard reset your device. It actually depends upon your smartphone brand.
Hard Reset Tip #2
Always before resetting switch off your smartphone!
Press and hold Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the exact time and then press and hold Power button till you see some options visible on the screen. This method takes around 15 seconds to work.
From the menu on the screen navigate through the Volume down button and select Factory Reset Option and press Power button to select this option.
Method 2(for LG Smartphones)
Press and Hold the Volume down button, while doing this Press and hold the Home Button. And now while you are pressing these two buttons, Press and Hold the Power button. Keep holding buttons till you see the screen with LG Logo.
You would then would be redirected to a menu similar like that of Method 1 (having option of Factory Reset)
Press and hold Volume Down key and press the Power key and release it, still holding the volume down key for about 10-15 seconds. Press the Volume Down key to navigate down through the options until it highlights the reset option.
Press and hold the Home key, while holding Home key power the device on by pressing the Power key.
- Press and hold the Home button and press and release the Power Button…while doing this keep holding the Home button.
- From the Android Recovery screen, press the Search.
- Tap to select wipe data/factory reset then select OK (located in the lower left of the screen).
- Select Yes – delete all user data, and then select OK.
- Select “reboot system now” and press OK.
Method 6 (For most of the Samsung Devices)
- Press and hold the Volume Up key the Home Button and the Power button all at the same time.
- When you see Galaxy Logo or Samsung Galaxy brand name of your smartphone release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume Up Button and Home Button.
- Continue holding the Volume up and Home key until the “Android system recovery” appears.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” option, and then use the Power key to make the selection.
- Once the factory reset is finished you may use the Volume and Power keys to highlight and select the “Reboot system now” option and the hard reset will be complete.
Hard Reset will clear all the data on your device whether it is a normal phone, smartphone or tablet. So, guys, the above 6 methods were the most common methods to hard reset android device.
If you know any other method do let us know in the comments we would surely add it on this page (giving you the credits also! :D)