If you have used old MAC OS then you might remember you can’t merge the windows and it was very difficult to work on the system.
Why Merge Feature is Helpful?
It is very difficult to work, if you have to open windows again and again but using the Merge feature will gather all windows into a single window with tabs.
Must Read: Complete List of MacBook Keyword shortcuts
How you can merge finder windows in mac
If your fill is filled up with many windows then you can merge finder windows on one window, for that click on the Windows option in the menu then Select Merge all windows.
Right now there is no keyword shortcut right now, but you can make one.
How to Set a Keyboard Shortcut for Merging All Finder Windows
- Open System Preferences from the Apple menu and go to “Keyboard”
- Choose the “Shortcuts” tab and then select “App Shortcuts”
- Press the plus button [+] to create a new shortcut
- From the “Application” select “Finder”, and set ‘Menu Title’ to “Merge All Windows”
- Click into the “Keyboard Shortcut” box and type your preferred keystroke
This little trick will help to save your lot of time and help to manage the stuff easily as multiple finder windows will be merged together into a single window.