With the rise of digital social interactions, sharing experiences has become more important than ever. Among these shared experiences, watching Netflix together has become wildly popular, regardless of distance. How, you may ask? The answer is simple: Discord. In this guide, we will walk you through how to screen share Netflix on Discord so you can start watching your favorite shows and movies with friends and family no matter where they are.
Also Read : Top Free IDM Alternatives You Can Use
Is It Possible to Stream Netflix on Discord?
Before we dive deep into the process, let’s answer a basic yet critical question: can you really stream Netflix on Discord? The answer is a resounding yes. You can indeed stream Netflix on Discord, and it’s a fantastic way to enjoy your favorite shows and movies with friends. But, you need to meet certain requirements to make this happen.
Firstly, it’s obligatory to have an active Netflix subscription, and secondly, you need a Discord server to stream the content. If you don’t already have a server, you can create one with ease. Also, you don’t need a Nitro subscription to stream Netflix on Discord, though having one can enhance your stream quality.
Setting the Stage: Preparing Your Netflix and Discord
To start, you need to have both Discord and Netflix ready to go. Here’s how:
- Open Netflix: Launch your preferred web browser and visit the Netflix site. Sign in to your account.
- Prepare Discord: Keep your web browser running in the background and launch the Discord app.
Adding Netflix to Discord
Once your Netflix and Discord are both up and running, the next step is to add Netflix as a game in your Discord activity settings. Here’s how:
- Access User Settings: In the Discord app’s bottom-left corner, select “User Settings” (the gear icon).
- Select Game Activity: From the left sidebar, select “Game Activity.” On the right pane, choose “Add It.”
- Add Netflix: In the box that opens, click the “Select” drop-down menu and pick your open web browser. Then, click “Add Game.”
Streaming Netflix on Discord
With Netflix added to your Discord, you’re ready to start streaming. Here’s how:
- Choose a Server: On Discord’s main screen, in the left sidebar, click the server in which you want to stream Netflix.
- Start Streaming: Click the monitor icon next to your web browser. You’ll see a “Screen Share” window. Here, click the “Select a Voice Channel” menu and choose the channel where you want to start the stream.
- Select Stream Quality: Choose your desired streaming resolution and FPS (frames-per-second) in the “Stream Quality” section.
- Go Live: To start streaming, at the bottom of the “Screen Share” window, click “Go Live.”
Resolving the Black Screen Issue
Sometimes, you may encounter a black screen instead of your Netflix stream. This usually happens due to hardware acceleration settings in your web browser and Discord. Here’s how to resolve it:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord: In Discord, click “User Settings” -> “Advanced” -> turn off “Hardware Acceleration.”
- Disable Hardware Acceleration in Web Browser: In your web browser settings, find the option for hardware acceleration and disable it.
- Run Discord as an Administrator: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, try running Discord as an administrator.
Hosting a Netflix Watch Party
Hosting a watch party on Discord can be a fun way to enjoy Netflix with friends and family, especially when sharing account details is not an option. Plus, since Discord is free to use, it doesn’t require any additional investment.
Enhancing Your Netflix Streaming Experience on Discord
There are a few ways to improve your Netflix streaming experience over Discord:
- Regional Settings: You can set up voice channels inside a Discord server and adjust the region settings based on where your viewers are located.
- Discord Nitro: If you have a Discord Nitro subscription, you can enhance the video quality of your streams.
In conclusion, learning how to screen share Netflix on Discord opens up a world of possibilities for long-distance movie nights and watch parties. So grab your popcorn, invite your friends to your Discord server, and start streaming your favorite Netflix shows and movies today!