This feature is exclusively for the Pixel 3 lineup.Driving Mode gives the option for turning on Do Not Disturb, along with the new ability to ‘Open Android Auto.’
Users can choose how they would like the phone to decide when to engage the car system – either when the device connects to Bluetooth or when driving is detected.
#HeyGoogle, let’s drive: Coming this summer on @android phones, the Google Assistant’s new driving mode features a thoughtfully designed dashboard with personalized suggestions for navigation, messaging, calling and media. #io19 pic.twitter.com/epJoJdqhX5
— Google (@Google) May 7, 2019
How to Setup Driving Mode ?
- Open the Settings app from the App drawer in your Pixel.
- Tap on Connected devices > Connection preferences > Driving mode
- Tap on Behavior
- Choose ‘Open Android Auto’ or ‘Turn on Do Not Disturb’
- Tap Turn on Automatically
- Now choose how you would like your phone to detect driving.
All Pixels Lineup