In this post, I am going to tell you how to setup iCloud account on Android Device. Changing ecosystems can be tough, from Android to iOS or vice-versa and if you are iOS users it’s evident that you might have set up your own iCloud account which used to store all your iPhone data from pictures to contacts and obviously your email account too.
How to Add iCloud account to Android?
- Open Chrome or Mozilla Firefox(any browser) on your PC.
- Go to Apple’s site appleid.apple.com and sign in using your Apple ID.
- Click on “Generate Password… ” found in the Security section.
- Type a name for the password.
- Click on Create.
- A Password would be generated by Apple servers and would be displayed on the screen.
- Take note of the password that has been generated. You’ll need it in the future to set up your iCloud email on your Android phone.
Now coming to adding your email account to Android
- Go to Settings App on your Android smartphone
- Tap on Accounts (or a variation of that, depending on who made your phone).
- Tap on Add account at the bottom.
- Click on Personal (IMAP). It would have a Gmail logo near it.
- Enter your iCloud email address.
- Click on Next.
- Enter the app-specific password that you generated in your web browser.
- Click on Next till you get the message that Account is successfully added
That’s the end of the tutorial. I hope you found it helpful. Do let us know in the comments if you would like to read certain types of tutorials. We would certainly work upon those tutorials.