On Windows 10, you should download updates as it provides the latest security patches, performance, and stability improvements. But if you want to block automatic updates then this guide will teach you How to stop automatic updates on Windows 10.
- How to Stop Windows Update Services?
- How to Stop Windows Update By Editing In Regedit?
- How to Stop Window Update From Control Panel?
With the Microsoft announcing that Windows 10 would be the last Windows, the current generation of OS would now only receive on-air updates. These updates are inevitable and cannot be delayed if you are using Windows 10 Home edition.
Meanwhile, if you using Windows 10 Professional edition, you can delay the updates for time being but it’s not gonna happen in the case of the OS which all of us people get pre-installed in our latest Desktops and laptops.
You might like this also:- How to take a screenshot on Windows 10
Note:- This article is just for educational purpose and we don’t recommend in any way to delay your updates to your OS due to the fact that with each updates bugs and vulnerabilities are fixed by the Microsoft.
How to Stop Windows Update Services?
- To do so, Open Run dialogue box. You can do it via pressing Windows Key +R or alternatively can search from the start menu.
- Type msc and hit enter.
- In the opened box, search for Startup Type label.
- Change it to disabled.
- Restart your system.
How to Stop Windows Update By Editing In Regedit?
- Like the first method, Open Run dialogue box.
- Type Regedit and hit enter.
- in the registry go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
- Now create a ‘32-bit DWORD’ value called ‘AuOptions’ and under ‘Value Data’ type 2 and click on ‘OK’.
- Now to check for updates go to Settings and navigate to -> Update and Security -> Windows Updates. Click on ‘Check for updates’ which applies the new configuration setting.
- Restart your device.
How to Stop Window Update From Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel and Go to Windows Update Setting.
- Click on the advance Setting in windows update.
- In the Update options, you have to disable the automatically download updates.
- You can turn off other products updates also by disabling the switch.
I hope that you were able to finally pause or stop the updates for the meantime but we do recommend that you are always on the latest version of the Operating System so that you are secure towards the latest viruses and vulnerabilities.