When traversing the treacherous lands of Sanctuary in Diablo 4, it’s essential to keep your health in check while battling hordes of demons and fierce bosses. Upgrading your healing potion can make the difference between life and death. We’ll walk you through the steps to upgrade your healing potion in Diablo 4, giving you the edge in your fight against evil.
Introduction to Healing Potions
Healing potions play a vital role in Diablo 4, as they help players survive the game’s intense battles and dangerous dungeons. Starting with a weak healing potion, you’ll need to upgrade it, ensuring it remains effective as you progress through the game and encounter more formidable foes.
Upgrading Healing Potions: The Basics
To upgrade your healing potion in Diablo 4, you’ll need to meet specific level requirements, gather necessary ingredients, and locate an Alchemist in one of the game’s main hub areas. The Alchemist will help you unlock new, more potent healing potions, increasing your potion’s effectiveness and ensuring you’re well-equipped for the challenges ahead.
Healing Potion Upgrade Requirements
To upgrade your healing potion, you must first reach the required level. Each upgrade becomes available at specific character levels, starting at level 10 and ending at level 90. Here’s a breakdown of the healing potion upgrades and their requirements:
- Weak Healing Potion (Level 1): Heals 17 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. This potion is available by default.
- Tiny Healing Potion (Level 10): Heals 48 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 2 Gallowvine.
- Minor Healing Potion (Level 20): Heals 80 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 15 Gallowvine, 5 Biteberry, and 400 gold.
- Light Healing Potion (Level 30): Heals 141 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 20 Gallowvine, 10 Biteberry, 5 Crushed Beast Bones, and 470 gold.
- Moderate Healing Potion (Level 45): Heals 255 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 20 Gallowvine, 12 Howler Moss, 5 Demon’s Heart, and 900 gold.
- Strong Healing Potion (Level 60): Heals 378 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 27 Gallowvine, 15 Reddamine, 5 Paletongue, and 1,700 gold.
- Greater Healing Potion (Level 70): Heals 559 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 36 Blightshade, 18 Lifesbane, 5 Grave Dust, 5 Angelbreath, and 2,500 gold.
- Major Healing Potion (Level 80): Heals 827 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 27 Blightshade, 27 Lifesbane, 27 Biteberry, 27 Reddamine, 27 Howler Moss, 10 Angelbreath, 5 Fiend Rose, and 5,000 gold.
- Superior Healing Potion (Level 90): Heals 1,274 life instantly and 35% of your maximum health over three seconds. Requires 36 Blightshade, 27 Lifesbane, 36 Howler Moss, 20 Angelbreath, 20 Grave Dust, 10 Forgotten Soul, 10 Fiend Rose, and 12,500 gold.
Finding the Alchemist
The Alchemist is a vital NPC who assists you in upgrading your healing potion. Look for an Alchemist in friendly settlements such as Kyovashad. You’ll find the Alchemist marked by a pestle and mortar symbol on the map. You can visit the Alchemist to learn new potion recipes and improve your healing potion’s effectiveness permanently.
Gathering Necessary Ingredients
To upgrade your healing potion in Diablo 4, you’ll need to collect specific ingredients found throughout the game world. These ingredients can be found by exploring the wilderness, looting chests, or defeating enemies. Make sure to keep an eye out for bushes, plants, and other sources of ingredients as you traverse the lands of Sanctuary.
Crushed Beast Bones: Where to Find Them
One of the crucial ingredients for the Light Healing Potion (Level 30) is Crushed Beast Bones. These can be obtained by defeating beasts, animals, and werecreatures. Head to the wild Scosglen region, located to the north of Fractured Peaks, for the best chance of finding Crushed Beast Bones. The area is teeming with wild animals and werewolves, making it an ideal location for farming this valuable resource.
Renown: The Key to Carrying More Healing Potions
In addition to upgrading your healing potion, increasing the number of potions you can carry at once is crucial for surviving Diablo 4’s most challenging encounters. To do this, you’ll need to earn Renown in each of the game’s five main regions.
Earning Renown in Diablo 4
Renown is a system that tracks your progress through Diablo 4’s main regions, awarding points for completing Side Dungeons, Side Quests, Strongholds, Altars of Lilith, Waypoints, and discovering new areas. As you earn Renown, you’ll unlock rewards, including increasing your healing potion capacity.
You start with a total of 4 healing potions in Diablo 4, and by earning 500 Renown in each region, you can increase your capacity to 9 healing potions. Earning Renown quickly involves completing side content such as Side Dungeons, Side Quests, and Strongholds while exploring new areas.
Bonus Tips for Effective Potion Usage
- Always keep an eye on your health and potion charges during battles. Use potions wisely and avoid wasting them when they’re not needed.
- Don’t hesitate to retreat and regroup if your health is low and you’re out of potions. Find a waypoint to quickly travel back to safety, restock, and return to the fight.
- Remember that earning Renown and upgrading your healing potion are only parts of your character’s progression. Continue to improve your gear, skills, and overall build to ensure you’re well-prepared for the challenges ahead.
Upgrading your healing potion in Diablo 4 is an essential aspect of your character’s progression, ensuring you can withstand the game’s toughest battles. By following this comprehensive guide, visiting the Alchemist, gathering necessary ingredients, and earning Renown, you’ll be well on your way to conquering the demonic forces plaguing Sanctuary. Good luck, brave adventurer!