We know that Google provides one of the best cloud storage for our photos for free(not for original resolution.. unless you have Pixel 3 or old devices and not Pixel 4). Facebook of the most widely used social network, also caters our photos which we post during our trips or any checkins.
But what if we want to get pictures from Facebook into our Google Photos App?
The very first step of this tutorial begins in the Facebook app. What you need to do is that you need to download all of your photos on your Facebook account to a local file so you can then upload them to Google Photos.
Here is the quick guide to do this.
How to import your pictures from Facebook into Google Photos?
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Tap on the three lines on the top navigation bar.
- Scroll down and now you have to tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Download Your Information.
- Tap on Deselect All.
- Tap Photos and Videos so that it’s the only option with a checkmark next to it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tap on Medium under the Media Quality option.
- Tap on High to get the highest-quality download of your files.
- Tap Create File.
With this done,Now you have to wait for Facebook to process your download request. This shouldn’t take too long, and once your file is ready, you’ll get an email letting you know.
Once your file is ready to be downloaded, here’s what you do:
- Tap on the Download next to your file.
- Enter your Facebook id password and tap Continue
- Once it’s done downloading, now we can move on to the next steps.(from step 4)
- Open the Files app on your phone(We assume its android!).
- Tap on the Facebook file.
- Tap on photos_and_videos.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right of the screen.
- Tap Extract to….
- Tap Extract.
Once everything is done extracting, it’s time to move on to the final few steps.
- Open Google Photos on your phone.
- Tap the three lines at the top-left of the screen.
- Tap one of the new albums from Facebook.
- Tap the Back up & sync toggle.
Thus now you have completely imported your Facebook images to your Google Photos App.