Today Jio announced its much anticipated service called JioGigaFiber or Jio Fiber. and with this Jio would again be continue to provide one of the cheapest internet data connections in India.
What is JioGigaFiber or Jio Fiber?
JioGigaFiber is the latest offering from Jio telecom for all homes. Jio would offer superior internet experience to explore your Digital Life. Fiber is the technology of the future. It offers the ultimate broadband experience to surf, stream, game and work.
JioGigaFiber beats the rest because of its ultra fast upload and download speeds & effective functioning in merely ‘milli seconds’. Now, imagine a high speed private internet highway right inside your home.
Features of JioGigaFiber or Jio Fiber
1. JioFiber will be commercially launched from 5th September 2019 onwards, marking the 3rd Anniversary of Jio.
The signup forms will be available at Jio.com
2. JioFiber aims to provide high-speed broadband services pan-India, starting from 100Mbps and going all up to 1Gbps.
3. The JioFiber tariffs will start from Rs700 (+GST) onwards and go up to Rs10000.
Obviously, the 1Gbps plans will be costlier and its mainly aimed at big businesses, offices or commercial sectors. For household users, the 100Mbps plans will cost just Rs700, which is still lower than existing market rates.
4. The JioFiber users will get a Landline Phone service without any additional cost and will be able to make calls to anywhere in India for Free. No need to pay for voice calls separately.
5. The JioFiber service will also come bundled with a Jio 4K Set Top Box with no extra cost, which you can connect to your Television to convert it to a Smart TV. Jio will supply both the Wifi Router and Set-Top Box together.
6. The Jio 4K Set Top Box will be bundled with all complimentary Jio services, including Live TV Channels, Free International Video Conferencing, Console Quality Gaming, VR and AR solutions.
7. Jio Set Top Box will support all gaming consoles and come with an in-built graphics card to support high-quality gaming with zero latency. Jio had partnered with Microsoft, Tencent, Gameloft, and other providers for an immersive gaming experience.
8. JioFiber will come bundled with Premium Subscriptions of all the major OTT Content providers like Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime, SonyLIV, ErosNow, Hoichoi, AltBalaji, etc.
9. JioFiber Premium Customers (those who subscribe to high-value plans) will be able to watch New Movies the same day it is launched in Indian theatres, at their home itself. This service is called Jio First Day First Show and it will be available from mid-2020 onwards.
10. For VR and AR content, Jio has partnered with Tessaract to launch a VR Headset, known as Jio Holoboard, which will launch in the Indian market at an affordable price (the price is not disclosed yet)
With this VR Headset, you can watch any movie enjoying a Theatre like Experience, and get your own 3D Avatar where you can try different garment variations and buy the one that suits you. (most probably from Ajio.com) There will also be VR 3D Videos for you to watch.
11. JIOFIBER WELCOME OFFER: Every JioFiber early-adopter who subscribes to the annual JioFiber plan will be getting an HD LED / 4K TELEVISION with Jio 4K Set Top Box ABSOLUTELY FREE.
12. Every JioFiber customer also has an option to choose Jio Postpaid for their family, with shared-postpaid plans, international roaming, and smartphone upgrades at preferential rates. This service is called Jio Postpaid Plus.
13. Now enjoy Unlimited USA/Canada Calling for just Rs500 per month. This plan will launch soon.
Plans and Offers for JioGigaFiber or Jio Fiber
The current offer is JioGigaFiber preview offer which gives you ultra-high-speed internet up to 100Mbps free for a Limited Preview Period & a complimentary access to a host of Jio’s premium apps. Incase, you consume your data quota you can continue to enjoy our high speed internet services by performing a complimentary data top-up of 40 GB via MyJio App or through Jio.com. As this is a preview offer, there are no installation charges levied but there is a refundable security Deposit of Rs.2,500 taken for the ONT device (GigaHub Home Gateway). This amount needs to be paid through Debit card, Credit Card, Jio Money or Pay TM.
JioGigaFiber has received over 15 million registrations from 1,600 cities and the company has drawn up a plan to reach 20 million homes and 15 million business enterprises.So its already a hint that this venture would also be a success. If you want to use this service, check wheather your city has the JioFiber option or not.