The LG V20 came out in 2016. It was not running on Oreo until now, but now it will update to Android 8.0. The update is about 1.6GB in size, currently, it is rolling in a South Korean variant.
The software update brings a lot of new security feature and now Google is giving security patches every month to protect user data. According to a report, the U.S. should expect to receive Android 8.0 Oreo in August.
The changelog for this update:
- The blue light filter in Comfort view has been improved.
- The Home touch buttons can now be hidden while using apps.
- New app icon shapes have been added.
- The notification badge for app icons now displays according to the notifications you have in the notification panel.
- Finding what you want in Settings is now easier than ever.
- Sony’s codec LDAC is now supported when using Bluetooth headsets that work with the codec.
- Apps on the Home screen can now do more. You can touch and hold an app icon to see its notifications widgets and info.
- Each app’s notifications can now be managed all in one place.
- Battery life improves and phone performance apps now run less in the background.