LineageOS is one of the most popular ROMS for android devices on market.They keep adding more and more supported devices to their roster.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project.
LineageOS Version details
|Version||AOSP version||First build release date||Last build release date|
|December 20, 2016 as CM|
January 22, 2017 as LOS
|February 11, 2018|
|November 9, 2016 as CM|
January 22, 2017 as LOS
|February 24, 2019|
|February 26, 2018||(Current)|
|March 1, 2019||(Current)|
Preinstalled Apps in LineageOS
- AudioFX – Audio optimizer with presets to alter the listening experience.
- Browser – A lightweight browser that relies on the System Webview, for low-end devices, also known as Jelly.
- Calculator – which resembles a four-function calculator and offers some more advanced functions.
- Calendar – Calendar functionality with Day, Week, Month, Year or Agenda views.
- Camera – Dependent on device specification will take video or photos, including panoramic. It can also be used to read QR codes. This app is also known as Snap.
- Clock – World clock, countdown timer, stopwatch and alarms.
- Contacts – Phonebook for numbers and email addresses.
- Email – Email client that handles POP3, IMAP and Exchange.
- Files – A simple file manager to move, copy and rename files on internal storage or SD card.
- FlipFlap – An app for smart flip covers, only included on select devices.
- FM Radio – An app for listening to FM radio broadcasts, included on devices with an FM tuner.
- Gallery – Organize photos and videos into a timeline or albums for easy viewing.
- Messaging – SMS messaging.
- Music – A simple music player, also known as Eleven.
- Phone – for making calls: includes speed dial, phone number lookups and call blocking.
- Recorder – A screen and/or sound recorder.
- Trebuchet – A customizable launcher.
LineageOS for Onplus 6T and One Plus 7 Pro
LineageOS has now added support for the OnePlus 6T (code-named fajita) and 7 Pro (guacamole), thanks to the work of maintainers LuK1337, PeterCxy, and Tortel. Both devices are receiving daily builds based on LineageOS 16 (Android 9 Pie). Since these are officially-sanctioned releases, there shouldn’t be any breaking bugs which would make your daily mobile life hard.
Its good to see that One Plus latest flagships are getting support from LineageOS.And the best thing i like about LineageOS is that open-source apps are here to help you get through the day. Power users will enjoy Unix command-line utilities. Android developers will turn any device into the perfect device for apps development thanks to enhanced tools.