It’s no more a secret that companies like Samsung are working on a foldable smartphone. Last week the company’s Facebook Fan Page changed its profile picture into one of the foldable logos stating that indeed foldable smartphones are coming.
According to a report from Yonhap News Agency, the new foldable smartphone would be called Galaxy F and would be coming up in March 2019. Although the pricing has not been set yet it’s speculated that the price would be around 1,770 USD dollars.
Expected Features of Galaxy F
- Support for 5G
- New polarizer which would be 45% thinner.
- Might feature 7.29-inch OLED display.
- Might start with 128 GB storage.
Its predicted that Samsung would be producing 500,000 to 1 million units per year. Also along with the display enhancement, Samsung would also improve its Bixby Software and IOT services.
Expected Specs of the Phone
- Could come with Exynos 9810 and Snapdragon 845
- Minimum 6GB of RAM
- No mention of Corning Gorilla Glass
- Battery capacity between 3000 mAh to 4000 mAH
- Dual setup of a pair of 12MP lenses with a primary camera offering variable aperture from f/1.5 – f/2.4
Do We really need a foldable Phone?
This question is now coming up in your head, right? Because gone are the days when people used flip phones of Motorola. People like to have all their information to be shown on one single screen on their hand. As seen from the conference of Samsung, the foldable phone would be like a mini tablet only. Samsung is known for best displays in the industry, but can it keep up with the quality of the display in this upcoming foldable smartphone?
Are you willing to shell out massive 1800 USD dollars for a foldable phone? Let us know in the comments section below.