Smart homes are now getting popularised, thanks to Google Home and Amazon Echo increasing popularity.Eariler mostly the Youtubers and more tech savvy people were acknowledged of this technology, but now we can see that the normal household people are also jump on in the smart home wagon.
In this review We would be talking a detailed review on Wipro smart bulb.How its setuped, what are its features and what are its advantages an disadvantages. Along with this we would give you some tips and tricks to make most of your wipro smart bulb.
What is Wipro smart bulb?
Wipro Smart bulb is a smart home kit device which can be controlled via your smart phone or Google Home or Amazon Echo devices easily.
According to Wipro,you can now choose from 16 million color shades, set the brightness to any level, schedule a timer and create light group as desired.
Wipro smart bulb specifications
|Number of Items||1|
|Included Components||1 LED Bulb and Manual|
|Luminous Flux||480 Lumens|
|Colour Temperature||6500 Kelvin|
Features of Wipro smart bulb
- You can control them from Anywhere – Control your light from anywhere with the Wipro Next Smart App. Light-up up your home remotely even when you are on holiday for better security.
- Voice Control
Control lights with your voice using Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant.
- You can transform your room to all kinds of themes such as reading, night, meeting, leisure, soft by changing brightness and white color between Warm White (2700K) and Cool Day White (6500K) with Wipro Next App.
- Create your own scene or schedule light, whether at home or away.
- You can create a group of all Wipro smart lights and operate it together.
How to setup Wipro smart bulb?
The process is somewhat easy and it would take not more then 5-10 minutes to setup if you are new into setting up home devices.
- Search for Wipro smart home on App Store or Google Play.
- Launch the Wipro smart home app. Click “Register”.
- Select your country code, enter the cell phone number and the tap “Get” to get a message containing a verification code.
- You would recieve a verification code. Enter it in the “Verification Code” field, set your password and tap on “Login“.
- Now once you have done the above steps. Take out the Wipro smart bulb and fit it in the B22 bulb holder and power on.
Adding device to your Wipro Smart Home App
- Tap on “+” at the top right corner or “Add Device” button on the “My Home” window. The add device screen appears.
- Select “Lighting Devices”.
- You have to make sure the bulb flashes quickly and then tap “next step”. If the light is not flashing quickly, turn the bulb off and on for 3 times until it flashes.
TIP :- wait for 2-3 seconds for the bulb to flash after 3rd time
- Tap on “Next Step“.
- The “Add Successfully” message appears once connected.
Common doubts related to Wipro smart bulb
Wipro Smart bulb Full review
This bulb is similar like any other LED bulb.You won’t find any buttons around it so as to differentiate between a smart bulb or a normal bulb which you use in your daily household.
Design is quite classic and Wipro has done it done in terms of designing.
The official Wipro Home connect app works pretty much fine and there is no disturbance in initiating any command to the lighting bulbs.(You require Wifi in order to send commands from Phone or through virtual assistant devices such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home)
Its a perfect accessory for your home/room. Has some really good features for scene mode in lightning along with various single colour modes. You can adjust the brightness as well. The best part is schedule timer auto on/off for the light. You just have to set up a time in the app and it automatically functions. You have options from 16 million colour shades.
Okay so if you are having only one bulb then you are out of luck as this bulb wont fill whole room and you would require atleast 2-3 bulbs in order to make your room fully lit.
If you are having only one bulb, it would be best for bathrooms , wash room or small store room in your home
This is one of the feature i would like to more stress upon, as i really liked it. You can group the smart bulbs of different rooms under different groups and enjoy controlling the bulbs under a particular group together. You may want to dim the lights in the living room while sitting in bedroom or may want to set the brightness of study room to maximum.
Okay so till now we were using Wipro smart bulb with the official apps or through Amazon Alexa but there is one other way through which you can control your smart bulb.It is IFTTT
What is IFTTT?
IFTTT is an app which is available on iOS and Google Play Store.It allows you to create chain of events. For eg If you take a selfie, autmatically post it on Instagram Story . Yes you can make such type of routines to ease out your work.
For more detailed info regarding this app on how it works and other stuff you can view the video above and your common doubts would be cleared about this application usage.
Features of IFTTT
• You can control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
• You can stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica
• Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications
• Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery
• You can get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search
• Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
• Streamline your social media
Some other notable features:
• Back up and share your Android photos automatically
• Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive
• You can set your home thermostat to an optimal temperature when you arrive home.
• You can also post all your Instagrams as Twitter photos or Pinterest pins.
• You can also trigger events based on your current location.
Now you know about the IFTTT application, what can it do for your smart bulb?
First Download the IFTTT app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store and configure the bulb to create your own function. You may select to change the bulb color to blue whenever you receive a mail on your phone or turn the bulb on as soon as you reach your home location.
Pros of Wipro smart bulb
- Easy setup process.
- It is cheap and provides good functionality on this price.
- Alexa & Google home not mandatory to use these bulbs.You can control them using Wipro app or Google Assistant.
- Easily attach to normal bulb holders present in our homes.
Cons of Wipro smart bulb
- The Wipro app for smart devices can be improved.It still has some glitches.
- The pairing process can be more descriptive and more minimal from the Android Application.
- If you using one bulb only, it won’t lit your room fully even at the brightest white color light. You need atleast 2 bulbs.
Pricing of Wipro smart bulb
Currently on Amazon e-commerce site the bulb is sold at 700 INR Ruppees.If you want to experience the full intelligent home setup, I would recommend using it with Amazon ALexa devices or Google Home.