YouTube Vanced, an enhanced version of the official YouTube app, has gained significant popularity among users. It offers a plethora of premium features free of charge, such as background playback, ad-blocking, and offline video viewing.
However, like any other application, it’s not immune to issues. Users often encounter situations where YouTube Vanced stops working, crashes, or fails to load videos. This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to troubleshoot and fix the common issues related to YouTube Vanced.
1. Understanding YouTube Vanced
YouTube Vanced is a feature-rich Android application offering a seamless YouTube experience by integrating additional elements not found in the original YouTube app. Despite its extensive capabilities, users often report difficulties in its operation. The reasons for YouTube Vanced not working can range from outdated versions, network issues, incompatible devices, to corrupted app data.
Key Features of YouTube Vanced
YouTube Vanced offers a host of advanced options that enhance user experience. Some of these features include:
- Ad-blocking: It provides an ad-free YouTube experience by blocking all video and banner ads.
- Background Playback: This allows users to listen to YouTube videos in the background while using other apps on their device.
- Offline Video: Users can download videos for offline viewing.
- Picture-in-Picture Video: This feature allows users to shrink the video into a small floating window, enabling multitasking.
- Swipe Controls: Users can easily adjust volume and brightness by swiping up and down on the screen.
2. Common Issues with YouTube Vanced
Before we delve into the solutions, it’s crucial to understand the common problems that users often encounter with YouTube Vanced. YouTube Vanced not working can take various forms, each requiring a different approach to troubleshoot and fix.
Frequent YouTube Vanced Issues:
- YouTube Vanced Not Opening: The app fails to launch or crashes upon opening.
- YouTube Vanced Keeps Stopping: The app stops working unexpectedly during use.
- YouTube Vanced Not Logging In: Users are unable to log in to their account.
- YouTube Vanced Not Connecting to Internet: The app cannot establish a connection with the internet.
- YouTube Vanced Not Loading Videos: The app fails to load videos, showing a blank screen instead.
3. Troubleshooting YouTube Vanced Not Working
The subsequent sections will provide detailed steps to troubleshoot and resolve the common issues mentioned above. By following these steps, users can ensure a smooth and uninterrupted YouTube Vanced experience.
3.1. Checking Your Internet Connection
A stable and robust internet connection is imperative for YouTube Vanced to function optimally. If you’re facing issues with the app, your first step should be to check your internet connection. Try switching to a different network or resetting your Wi-Fi router to see if the issue persists.
3.2. Updating the App
An outdated version of YouTube Vanced may cause the app to malfunction. Regularly updating the app ensures that you get the latest features and bug fixes. Therefore, if you’re facing issues with the app, ensure that you’re using the latest version of YouTube Vanced.
3.3. Clearing Cache and Data
Corrupted app data could be another reason for YouTube Vanced not working. Clearing the app’s cache and data may resolve the issue. To do so, navigate to your device’s settings, select ‘Apps’ or ‘Application Manager,’ find YouTube Vanced, select ‘Storage,’ and then ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data.’
3.4. Installing Correct Route
Incorrect installation of YouTube Vanced and its supporting app, MicroG, can also lead to operational issues. To resolve this, ensure that you install both apps correctly. The correct installation process involves first installing MicroG and then YouTube Vanced. After the installation, clear all running tabs and relaunch YouTube Vanced.
3.5. Using VPN
If you’re facing issues with region-restricted content, using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can resolve the problem. A VPN changes your location, enabling you to access content not available in your region. However, be aware that using a VPN to access restricted content may violate YouTube’s terms of service.
3.6. Disabling Battery Optimization
Battery optimization settings on your Android device can sometimes interfere with the functioning of YouTube Vanced. Disabling battery optimization for the app can prevent it from being shut down by the system. To do so, go to your device’s settings, select ‘Battery’ or ‘Battery & Performance’, then find and open YouTube Vanced. Once there, select ‘Battery Optimization’ and set it to ‘Don’t Optimize.’
3.7. Waiting and Trying Again
Sometimes, the issues with YouTube Vanced could be temporary or due to problems at YouTube’s end. In such cases, waiting for a while and trying again later may resolve the problem.
4. Alternatives to YouTube Vanced
While YouTube Vanced offers an enhanced YouTube experience, it’s not the only app that does so. If you’re unable to resolve issues with YouTube Vanced, consider trying one of the following alternatives:
- NewPipe: An open-source application that offers ad-free YouTube streaming.
- Skytube: Another ad-free YouTube client with additional features.
- VidLii: This app offers a retro YouTube experience with added features.
- FlyTube: A lightweight YouTube client with background playback and other features.
- TubeMate: This app allows you to download YouTube videos for offline viewing.
YouTube Vanced is a fantastic alternative to the standard YouTube app, offering a plethora of premium features free of charge. However, like any other app, it can sometimes face operational issues. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can resolve most issues and enjoy an uninterrupted YouTube Vanced experience.