Every Snapchat user cherishes the joy of sharing moments, using filters, and connecting with friends.
However, this joy can be interrupted by various glitches and errors, one of them being the Snapchat Support Code SS06. This error can lock users out of their accounts, causing frustration and confusion. So in this article we will be learning about how you can fix snapchat support code SS06 error.
Understanding Snapchat Support Code SS06
Snapchat Support Code SS06 is a warning message that pops up when Snapchat detects suspicious activity on a user’s account.
When Snapchat detects suspicious activity, it displays support code SS06 pop up on snapchat to protect your account. It appears when someone has entered the wrong password multiple times, when Snapchat detects repeated failed login attempts, or when suspicious activity is identified on your account.
If you see support code SS06 and you haven’t done anything suspicious you can just ignore it, otherwise your account might be permanently banned and you need to make a new snapchat account from new device.
Common Causes of Snapchat Support Code SS06
There are a few common reasons why the Snapchat Support Code SS06 might appear:
- Multiple unsuccessful login attempts
- Use of the same information to create multiple Snapchat accounts
- Violation of Snapchat’s Terms of Service
- Presence of third-party apps or plugins that access Snapchat’s services
- Temporary Snapchat outage or technical glitches
How Long Does Snapchat Support Code SS06 Last?
Typically, when an account is temporarily locked or disabled due to the Snapchat Support Code SS06 error, it is recommended to wait for 48 hours before attempting to log back in.
This roughly 2-day period is the average duration for the Snapchat Support Code SS06. However, if you’re still encountering the error after this time frame, it might be indicative of a more serious issue, possibly a permanent ban.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fixing Snapchat Support Code SS06
1. Verifying Your Credentials
The first step in resolving the Snapchat Support Code SS06 is to verify your login credentials. Ensure that you’re entering the correct username and password.
Reset your password. If you have forgotten your password, or if you think someone else may have changed it, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Go to the Snapchat login page.
- Click on Forgot Password?
- Enter your username or email address.
- Click on Continue.
- Snapchat will send you a password reset link to your email address.
- Click on the link and follow the instructions to create a new password.
2. Unlocking Your Snapchat Account
If verifying your credentials doesn’t solve the issue, you can try unlocking your Snapchat account. To do this, visit Snapchat’s account unlock page, sign in to your account, and click on “Unlock.”
3. Switching Your Network and Deactivating VPN
If the error persists, try changing your network settings. If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, switch to mobile data, and vice versa. Additionally, ensure to turn off your VPN if you’re using one.
4. Engaging with Snapchat Support
If the previous steps don’t rectify the issue, it may be time to reach out to Snapchat Support. Visit their help page, select “I think my account was compromised”, fill up the form with the required details, and submit it. Be sure to include the email address associated with your Snapchat account.
5. Unrooting Your Android Device
If your Android device is rooted, you might need to unroot it to resolve the Snapchat Support Code SS06. Additionally, uninstall any third-party apps and plugins on your device. Then, reinstall the Snapchat app to clear its cache and update it to the latest version.
6. Offload the Snapchat App (iPhone)
There is no option on iPhone to delete snapchat app cache. Buy you can offload the app and reinstall the snapchat app.
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Find and tap Snapchat.
- Choose Offload App.
- Then, tap Reinstall App.
7. Update the Snapchat app
Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Snapchat app. Sometimes, older versions of the app can have bugs that can cause problems like support code SS06.
8. Reinstall the Snapchat app
If you are still having problems, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app. This will clear any corrupted files or data that may be causing the problem.
9. Check for Suspensions
If you’ve violated Snapchat’s terms of service, your account may be suspended. Check your email for notifications from Snapchat regarding any violations.
10. Clear Snapchat Cache
Cached data can sometimes cause problems with Snapchat. Go to your device’s settings, find the Snapchat app, and clear its cache.
11. Log Out and Log Back In
Logging out of your Snapchat account and then logging back in can refresh your session and potentially fix the error.
12. Review App Permissions
Make sure Snapchat has the necessary permissions to access your device’s camera, microphone, and storage.
13. Factory Reset Your Device (Last Resort)
If all else fails, consider a factory reset of your device, but be cautious as this will erase all data.
14. Contact Snapchat Support Team
There are two ways to contact Snapchat Support:
Through the Snapchat app:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap on your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Support.”
- Tap on “I Need Help.”
- Select the category that best describes your issue.
- Follow the instructions to submit your request.
Through the Snapchat website:
- Go to the Snapchat Support website.
- Click on “Contact Us.“
- Select the category that best describes your issue.
- Fill out the form with your contact information and a brief description of your issue.
- Click on “Submit.”
Snapchat Support will typically respond to your request within 1-3 business days.
Here are some tips for contacting Snapchat Support:
- Be as specific when describing your issue to the support team.
- Provide any relevant screenshots or videos, so that it is easy for support team to analyse things.
- Include your contact information so that Snapchat Support can get in touch with you if they need more information.
- Be patient and polite. Snapchat Support receives a lot of requests, so it may take some time to respond to yours.
Additional Tips to Avoid Snapchat Support Code SS06
To avoid encountering the Snapchat Support Code SS06 error, ensure to adhere to Snapchat’s guidelines and Terms of Service. Avoid sharing your account details with others and refrain from using third-party apps to access Snapchat. Regularly update your app to the latest version and make sure your device’s operating system is updated as well.
Here are some specific tips:
- Use a strong password for your Snapchat account and don’t share it with anyone.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your Snapchat account.
- Be careful about what links you click on and what attachments you open.
- Avoid using rooted Android devices or rooted versions of the Snapchat app.
- Do not violate Snapchat’s Terms of Service.
Understanding the Role of Snapchat Support
Snapchat Support plays a crucial role in resolving issues like the Snapchat Support Code SS06. They provide assistance to users facing difficulties and help in regaining access to locked accounts. Also, they provide information about the common reasons for account locking and guide users on how to prevent such situations.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Snapchat Account?
What to Do When All Things Fails?
If you’re still getting the Snapchat Support Code SS06 error after trying all the steps above, it might mean that your account has been permanently banned. This is a serious issue and there’s not much you can do about it. However, you can try creating a new Snapchat account using a different device.
Here’s why: Snapchat often bans the devices (device ID) that are associated with permanently banned accounts. This means that if you try to create a new account using the same device it is likely to get banned again.
Understanding the Role of VPN and Network Switching in Resolving Snapchat Support Code SS06
Network settings can play a significant role in causing or resolving Snapchat Support Code SS06. For instance, if you’re using a VPN, it might interfere with Snapchat’s ability to verify your location and cause the error.
Similarly, your Wi-Fi or mobile data network might be causing issues. Switching between these networks or turning off your VPN can help resolve the error.
The Snapchat Support Code SS06 error can be frustrating, but it’s important to remember that it’s a security measure designed to protect your account. By following the 14 steps above, you can resolve the error and regain access to your Snapchat account. Stay safe, adhere to Snapchat’s guidelines, and keep snapping!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Snapchat Support Code SS06?
Snapchat Support Code SS06 is an error message that appears when Snapchat detects suspicious activity on a user’s account.
How can I fix Snapchat Support Code SS06?
You can fix Snapchat Support Code SS06 by verifying your login credentials, unlocking your Snapchat account, switching your network settings, engaging with Snapchat Support, and unrooting your Android device.
Why am I getting a Snapchat Support Code SS06?
You may get a Snapchat Support Code SS06 if you’ve entered the wrong password multiple times, violated Snapchat’s Terms of Service, or if Snapchat detects suspicious activity on your account.
How long does Snapchat Support Code SS06 last?
Typically, Snapchat recommends waiting for 48 hours before attempting to log back in after encountering Snapchat Support Code SS06. However, if the error persists after this time frame, it might indicate a more serious issue, possibly a permanent ban.